The Mitten Tree

Eona drops off to GrowKids

Huge thanks to all who contributed to the Girton Mitten Tree. In total over 275 items were collected (a significant increase on the 195 items last year). Around 60% of the items (4 large bags!) were for adults and have been delivered to Jimmy’s, the other 40% were for children and have gone to GrowKids Cambridge. We also took donations of 6 blankets and 6 sleeping bags to Jimmy’s. All of the items will go to people who need them and will make life better for people around Cambridge who are struggling.

Jenny drops off items to Jimmy's
Jenny drops off items to Jimmy’s
The Mitten Tree

It’s a real testament to the generosity of Girton residents that so much has been donated. Everything given was good quality and felt like a proper “gift” rather than just charity – thank you. Particular thanks to Sharon Priestley for organising. Well done all!

Eona drops off goodies to GrowKids
Eona drops off at GrowKids Cambridge

Page last updated on Thursday 19th January 2023 by Michael Bigg