This parish recognizes that the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults is paramount and that we have a duty of care when they are in our charge. Furthermore this is the responsibility of all church members.
We will do everything that we can to provide a safe and caring environment whilst they attend our activities.
- Treat all children, young people and vulnerable adults with respect and celebrate their achievements
- Recruit and select all those working with children, young people and vulnerable adults on our behalf in accordance with Diocesan Safer Recruitment procedures
- Provide a code of conduct for all staff to include the assessment of risk for key roles when working with children, young people and vulnerable adults
- Respond to concerns and allegations without delay in accordance with Diocesan Safeguarding procedure
St. Andrews PCC has due regard to the guidance in the House of Bishops Parish Safeguarding Handbook— Promoting a Safer Church (May 2020) which may be found on the Church of England’s website and the Diocese of Ely's website.
For more information about St. Andrew's Church Safeguarding policy please click here.
Our Parish Safeguarding Officer is Sheila Hiley who may be contacted at church or by emailing email@example.com.
Our church wardens' names and contacts are:
Bruce and Wendy Hunter firstname.lastname@example.org and 01223 503958
Safeguarding Duty Phone
As our diocesan support team has expanded we now have a designated telephone number for accessing support when you have a safeguarding concern, allegation or are concerned about a person who may be at risk or may pose a risk.
This number is 01353 652747
- Parish Office and Rectory
- 42 Church Lane
- CB3 0JP